Thursday 17 February 2011

A Friend In Me

I see a loneliness in your eyes
and I don’t know what to do
I know you’d like to be different
but then you wouldn’t be you.
You just want to be the same
as your friend’s appear to be
but you need never feel alone
when you have a friend in me.

Sometimes when we’re together
I see the sunshine in your face
then something takes your mind
to a different and darker place.
Perhaps I say something wrong
or maybe it’s other things too
but if you talk to me, I will listen
and bring the sunlight back to you.

It’s not easy at eight years old
to have worries like you do
you feel different to all of us
but mostly we’re just like you.
So don’t you hide from your life
just live it the best you can do
and if I'm near, let my smile
find the happiness there in you.

1 comment: